Order the Career and Technical Education Standards bundle and SAVE! Includes: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (No. 13082, 2013, 180 pp.); Business and Information Technology (No. 13083, 2013, 198 pp.); Family and Consumer Sciences (No. 13084, 2013, 190 pp.); Health Science (No. 13085, 2013, 160 pp.); Marketing, Management, and Entrepreneurship (No. 13086, 2013, 190 pp.); and Technology and Engineering (No. 13087, 2013, 174 pp.).
Career and Technical Education (CTE) has significant value for all students – from introducing them to the world of work to providing specific technical skills. CTE helps students to find relevance, application, and understanding of the core subjects.
Each set of comprehensive standards includes:
– K-12 content, vetted by education and industry, organized by grade band (K-5, 6-8, and 9-12) that highlights skills, knowledge, and behaviors students need to become college and career ready
– Common Career Technical Standards that transcends CTE
– A connection to the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics
– A foundation in Programs of Study that allows for student’s to become proficient or master industry expectations in a specific career pathway
– A comprehensive approach to student learning through high-quality instruction, balanced assessment and collaboration that function systematically to support all students
School leadership will find these standards valuable for making decisions about program structure and integration, curriculum redesign, and staff development. Furthermore, these revised standards and supporting resources will guide schools, districts, and communities in engaging in larger conversations about the important role of CTE in ensuring that students are college and career ready.
To order by check via mail: order form